January Camera Wrapping

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Hello everyone and welcome to the New Year and a new challenge.

This challenge is all about the photos you snap.
Each month will be a different theme or technique.
You may take a new photo or use one from your stash, but it must be YOUR photo.
You may post just the photo to match the theme. To earn wrappers, scrap in a layout with at least one PDW product or use all PDW products for 2 wrappers.

Please post your photo or layout in this thread.

Be sure to keep track of your layouts & include links here

January theme: Your photo must feature a sign -road sign/ street sign/ advertising hoarding /signpost/ shop sign. Please post where it is (country/ state/ town etc).

Last edited:

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Here is mine -a large sign to welcome visitors to Scotland at its border with England. Shows the flag of Scotland, and the welcome message in both English and Gaelic (language traditional to Scotland and Ireland).
I used Digital Ink's kit: Eloquent Meadows (thanks Melissa).

Scotland-Welcome.jpg

funnsun

Is there a gallery for posting these challenges? Here's mine...of a very funny sign at the entrance to the ancient ruins of Ephesus in southern Turkey.

Photo challenge_edited-1.jpg

gaalmark

funsun, awesome photo, love how large the sign is proclaiming the oxymoron of the watches being genuine! Judging by the size of the shop, it looks like they do quite a bit of business. :D

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Thanks Chris.

This sign reminds me of one I saw in a London park...the sign had an image of a dog lifting its leg with a huge red cross (No dogs wetting...) but what was amusing was the sign was on a post at ground level/ dog's eye level.

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Hi Ann, love this. Is there a difference between genuine fake watches and fake genuine watches?

I don't see a gallery for these at the moment. I posted mine in the straight Challenges gallery until something else is organised.

Mia

Yes, but very close to the Queensland border and inland just a little. Funny little place, pronounced toom-blue-guum. Beautiful old pub, river steamer and just a real old world feel about the place.....

artgalstyle

Designing Ninjas
What a fun one. I love this sign. It's on Hwy 375 leaving Tonopah Nevada. Not a Tree in sight...Used "Earthy" as my kit.

09 01 Forest, What Forest.jpg

gaalmark

Thanks so much for hosting the challenge, Sandie, this was a really great prompt! I am enjoying seeing all the different signs and stories behind them, great job, everyone!!! :D

David_King_Of_Israel_Web.jpg

sandie03

I run with Scissors
Great job, ladies. I love that we have signs for a forest without trees, a tomb possibly without a body and a direction sign which doesn' t show the way. Great layouts and lots of fun.

sandie03

I run with Scissors
We now have a galkery thread for Camera Wrapping Challenges.
For Ann and Chris, if you wish to move your pages over to this galkery thread, here's how.
1. Go to "My Photos" and open up your page.
2. Just above the thumbnail link is the EDIT PHOTO. Click on this.
3. Go to CHANGE CATEGORY and drill down to Camera Wrapping.
4. Click SUBMIT CHANGES at bottom.
Your photo should now be in the correct gallery.