IMPORTANT Note about Gallery Usage

lynne713

PDWrappers
Easy enough....too bad the people that are posting things that you have to delete, don't bother even coming to the forums :rolleyes:

neeltje

Late Bloomer
How about those, that just come to the gallery to dump and run? Yesterday, I posted a ct page and 2 hours later I wanted to post another one and saw that the first one was completely pushed down by 2 people who only come to PDW to drop their pages.

Betsyfru

I run with Scissors
@LisaAdmin , why don't we have a limit of a specific # of pages that can be posted per day? I was commenting in the gallery and there were about 5 people who were doing what neeltje just said, dumping and running, and they were posting lots of pages at once! It must happen every new release day. I find that kind of annoying, I do comment on their pages, but I'd rather comment on pages created by our members with PDW designers stuff...js...

LoveitScrapit

Designing Ninjas
@LisaAdmin - I do agree, I wish there was a limit at least on PER day pages count. Maybe 5. Because on weekends like this, other shops have TONS of pages to post and they all come here!

Romajo

Designing Ninjas
@LisaAdmin - I do agree, I wish there was a limit at least on PER day pages count. Maybe 5. Because on weekends like this, other shops have TONS of pages to post and they all come here!
Thought it was set to no more than 5 per day. Although I remember Lisa asking us if we wanted to be able to have more. Might have been a year or a year and half ago, around a special weekend (like NSD or DSD or so). Maybe she had set everybody to be able to post more than 5.
So maybe designers and CTM can have unlimited postings and everybody else only 5 per 24 hours?

LisaAdmin

Rockin Ninja Boss
Staff member
It is set to 5 a day :)
I know there are some that dump and run, and I might want to look at those again. I do like keeping an open gallery just because it IS harder to find anywhere to post and feel appreciation. BUT I don't want to turn into the dumping ground for Creative Teams, eaither.

LoveitScrapit

Designing Ninjas
It is set to 5 a day :)
I know there are some that dump and run, and I might want to look at those again. I do like keeping an open gallery just because it IS harder to find anywhere to post and feel appreciation. BUT I don't want to turn into the dumping ground for Creative Teams, eaither.
You might want to check that. I noticed that Biancka (who is a CT dumper) posted 13 images on the 23rd between 1am and 3am. And Nietis also another CT dumper posted 16 images on the 22nd from about 10.30pm to 11pm
That's way more than 5.

I know we want to encourage appreciation, however, that is definitely DUMP and RUN. And there's a few others that post a lot for CT. It's not bad on regular new release days, but during big sales, holidays and things like DSD it becomes OVERKILL to see ONLY their layouts in our gallery.

Romajo

Designing Ninjas
And Sylvia and Cinderella have been posting more than 5 in the 24 hours time frame as well...
Some of these ladies are only active in the GSO thread when they are mentioned.
So maybe we need to do something with that as well... Only PDW products that can get mentioned as a standout or so...

neeltje

Late Bloomer
I think the problem is cost by the system. You can post 5 pages at once and the system counts that as 1 posting, so they can post 25 pages a day without the system stopping them. While the active members and CT`s post in 2 or 3 galleries and the system counts every gallery as a posting

LoveitScrapit

Designing Ninjas
I think the problem is cost by the system. You can post 5 pages at once and the system counts that as 1 posting, so they can post 25 pages a day without the system stopping them. While the active members and CT`s post in 2 or 3 galleries and the system counts every gallery as a posting
That's what I was afraid of too, that it is counting them that way. @LisaAdmin can you confirm?

JenniferJ

The Nut of my Kingdom
I agree the only time I have seen some of these folks even participating in our forum is when they get a GSO! That's not right. I enjoy seeing their creativity don't get me wrong but it would be nice if they either used products from our store every once in a while or at the very least participated in a few of our challenges! Shucks they could gain at least a point even if they didn't use our products! They're aren't many places that allow outside products anymore is why we are getting bombarded and I agree it is a bit upsetting seeing OUR CT pages for PDW getting knocked off the page. :(