Happy to be here!

Discussion in 'Introductions, please' started by LisaRosa, Nov 2, 2018.

1. LisaRosa

LisaRosa Designing Ninjas

Hey, everyone!
    I'm Lisa, from Lisa Rosa Designs, and I have just joined this amazing team. I'm soooo happy to be here!
    I'm a 41 years old, brazilian, now living in the cold and wet Netherlands.
    Wife... mother... crazy about plants, powered by coffee...
    Want to know something else? Just ask :)

JenniferJ and LoveitScrapit like this.
  2. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa! Nice to see you here. Wow, when did you move to the Netherlands? That's quite a change in climate isn't it?

LisaRosa likes this.
  3. crazsquaw

crazsquaw Challenge Master

Welcome to PDW!! I grabbed a couple of your kits- can't wait to get a chance to play!!

LisaRosa likes this.
  4. LoveitScrapit

LoveitScrapit Designing Ninjas Staff Member

5. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Yay for you joining us here. Welcome to PDW and the Netherlands with it's 4 seasons. ;)
    And happy belated birthday. :D

LisaRosa likes this.
  6. mrscwooddell

mrscwooddell Digital Gator Designs - Claudette

How fun! Another coffee drinker too! :) Glad you have joined us! :)

LisaRosa likes this.
  7. neeltje

neeltje Late Bloomer

Welcome at PDW, I know the Dutch weather too well, living here my whole life. And as 1 of the CT`s I hope I get a chance to work with your designs

LisaRosa likes this.
  8. JenniferJ

JenniferJ The Nut of my Kingdom

Welcome Lisa! So happy you're back to designing and joining us here at PDW! :)

LisaRosa likes this.
  9. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Welcome to PDW! Grab a cup and make yourself at home.

LisaRosa likes this.
  10. lebjs

lebjs I run with Scissors

Great to have you here Lisa! I'm off to check out your designs :)

LisaRosa likes this.
  11. LisaRosa

I moved here in May/2017... so, one and a half year already.
    And yeah... the change was shocking! Being used to the awesome tropical weather in Brazil, I'm having a hard time with the weather here. So wet... and cold. On my first summer, I heard people mocking me ALL THE TIME... because yeah, for me anything bellow 30ÂșC is cold and I was constantly wearing a light sweater or so. And my first winter... OMG... was TERRIBLE!!! Just hoping this next one will be better...

12. LisaRosa

Thank you, Becki! I hope you like what you got and have lots of fun with them :)

crazsquaw likes this.
  13. LisaRosa

Thank you, Marieke!!! It hasn't been very easy... but it's worthy! I'm really really happy.

14. LisaRosa

Thank you, Jennifer!!! It's nice to see you here too :)

15. Tammys_Scrapping

Tammys_Scrapping I run with Scissors

So glad you're here, Lisa!!!!!!!!!! Welcome. :)

16. fl_connie

fl_connie I run with Scissors

Yaayy! Welcome to PDW - we are delighted to have you here! I don't know if anyone ever gets used to the drastic change of weather when you move like that - but there are always compensations! When I lived in England for 4 years, I loved it because it was so beautiful and folks were so friendly - but I always had a jacket or sweater with me, regardless of the season, and I had only moved from Florida.

LisaRosa likes this.
  17. LisaRosa

Hey, Tammy!!!
    So happy to meet you here too!!!

18. LisaRosa

After 17 years, my sister says she is completely used to it already... after 17 years!
    hahaha
    It's not only the temperature, you know. In Brazil, it's sunny almost the entire year... even during winter! I never saw naked trees before. Seeing all those naked trees outside, the days getting dark so early, seeing my husband leaving for work and my son leaving for school still in the dark... I got really really depressed on my first winter here.
    But one thing that was magical for me... spring! I never understood why people were so crazy about spring, until I saw my first one here. Since we have sun almost all year long in Brazil, plants take their time to grow. It was a boom here! It was unbelievable for me how fast plants were growing in my garden... there was this day when I left my house in the morning and came back in the evening, after dinner, and I had flowers where I only had buds in the morning.

19. fl_connie

fl_connie I run with Scissors

I got really really depressed on my first winter here.

Yeah - know what you mean. I threatened to quit my job one day because the sun was shining and I was NOT going to sit in a dark office. My boss finally said he would note that I had called in sick. He was right - I was sick of the gloomy, dark days with no sunshine. It got better, lol!

20. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Oh, Lisa, I live here for more than 40 years and get depressed of those short, dark, gloomy days as well. And I have never seen anything else.
    This year we are really spoiled with so many beautiful days, that as soon as there is rain or clouds, I just feel like I want to stay in bed all day...
    Living with the seasons makes you appreciate those gorgeous days even more.