Friday

Discussion in 'Good Morning PDW!' started by LisaAdmin, Jan 11, 2019.

1. LisaAdmin

LisaAdmin Rockin Ninja Boss Staff Member

I am not sure what happened yesterday... but the kids were on my case every 10 minutes ...popping up "mom, mom, mom, mom" I finally sent them outside to pick up leaves. One at a time..... They told me they put them somewhere... I now have to find them. Since there were like 5,000 leaves that needed to be bagged... I am concerned. I can't find them anywhere. The kids promised me they aren't in a neighbors yard. I am now very concerned. Today, I will be searching the neighborhood. I am afraid to look at the the neighborhood facebook page- Since most of the kids drive, I am secretly hoping they just took them to the recycling center, and they are giving me a hard time. KIDS are not for the faint of heart.
    Happy Friday! We all need a well deserved weekend LOL.

mrscwooddell, G.J. and LoveitScrapit like this.
  2. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

LOL
    Sounds like you are raising healthy, happy kids. Hope they don't lose that playful side when they are well into adulthood.
    ...oh...and hope you find your leaves :D

mrscwooddell and G.J. like this.
  3. LoveitScrapit

LoveitScrapit Designing Ninjas Staff Member

ROFLMAOOO sounds like you're raising them right. Even if they don't tell you where the leaves went. I wouldn't worry too much.

mrscwooddell and G.J. like this.
  4. G.J.

G.J. Active Member

Lol.. hope you'll find the leaves soon. I would search under the furniture, when child I used to hide stones underneath the sofa and into the desk's drawer.
    Happy weekend to everyone!

mrscwooddell likes this.
  5. mrscwooddell

mrscwooddell Digital Gator Designs - Claudette

LOL! Too cute! Mine would still be standing near me whining because I asked them to do something...ugh.
    Some days they are so helpful and some days they drive me nuts! lol Kids are not for the faint of heart.
    I am very glad it's friday though. It has been a LONG week for me and very busy. I am looking forward to resting at home this weekend. :)
    Hugs all for a GREAT day and weekend!

6. demma_b13

demma_b13 Designing Ninjas

As long as the leaves are out of sight, don't worry, just have a cup of tea and enjoy the time.

7. fl_connie

fl_connie I run with Scissors

There are times when I am happy to be living on a red dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Picking up leaves? That's definitely one of the times 'cause, nope. Besides, I don't have kids to send to do that, lol! I'm with Demma - As long as the leaves are out of sight, don't worry, just have a cup of tea and enjoy the time. Happy Weekend, everyone!

8. stater

stater Well-Known Member

Ha... that's why kids will gray ya faster than anything else. LOL

9. Betsyfru

Betsyfru I run with Scissors

I just wait till the wind blows them all inti my neighbor's yard! LOL! No kids to rake or bag them up!

10. Tracy King

Tracy King Designing Ninjas

Goodnight :) I am pleased and a little apprehensive to be back online. The leaves sound funny to me ... Lisa I hope you tell us the rest of the story. I have been gone for a while PDW people and I apologize. All I can say is Lisa and Lynn are so patient with me and always have my virtual back. Thanks Ladies. In a world that sometimes has bad surprises for us, you are both the best. Give your kids hugs from Canada please Lisa :)

mrscwooddell likes this.
  11. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Lisa and Claurdette, you both have strong hearts! Just like all moms out there!
    I really want to know if you found the leaves today, or if you did go with the cup of tea adviceā€¦
    Glad to see you back Tracy! {{{hugs}}}

Last night I had a company party and since I work for one of the biggest (if not the biggest) employement agency organisations in Holland (or well, I work for one of their brands) it was quite the party. We had some finger food to start the evening (like mini pizzas, sausage on a bun and nachos with guac) and a pre-show with a well-known TV-host. Of course the CEO had some inspirational talk about the business. We also had a mentalist doing some tricks (your mind really get f*cked with these things). After that the party started: 2 dj-sets and some Dutch artists performing on stage. At 11 pm I was tired (I started the morning at 6.10am and worked 9 hours as well), but I had danced a lot (according to my Samsung Health tracker it was at least 1 km, lol). Anyway, it was a lot of fun, more than I expected it to be. If you want to see some of the photos or clips I made, check my personal facebook or Instagram.

Not sure if I told, but last November I have been involved in a car accident where we ended in a meadow down the dyke. Anyway, last Thursday I was driving to my work when i heard a strange noice. So when there was a safe spot where I could stop, I discovered a flat tyre. :( Probably something from that accident we had, since it was at the same side of the car. Luckily it could be replaced with the tyre I had in my car, so I could continue my way.
    Well, it has been right my week, because on Monday my co-worker told me she is going to quite the job. Well, 2019 has started right...

12. geoleoan

geoleoan I run with Scissors

lol Did you check in the garaze? Today I asked them more than 20 times to pick up some blocks from the floor...

13. LisaAdmin

I FOUND THE LEAVES. Do you want a picture of where they are? They took them to the front entry of our subdivision where there is a block fence and piled them behind the block fence. There is a landscaping company that comes out once a week to do the neighborhood landscaping and the kids told me that they figured the company would assume a storm "gathered" them together and put them there 0_O and the company would take them to the appropriate recycling place. I am not sure how they got them there without being noticed, especially since it was a BIG pile of leaves. I will see if I can get a picture. LOL I will say- It was ingenious, and I didn't see it.

14. LisaAdmin

TRACY! YAY!!!!

15. neeltje

neeltje Late Bloomer

You have some smart kids Lisa

16. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

LOL! Your kids sound awesome!

Ro - Wow! Danced a whole km! I can just picture some one dancing down the road while I'm driving. :)

I'm driving my daughter back to college today. at least 8 hrs if not more. depends if I have to pull over for a quick nap if I start to nod off.

Tracy - I've been gone for awhile as well. My daughter had some issues that took my whole attention and energy. I did not have any energy or creative juice in me to scrap for many months.

17. mrscwooddell

mrscwooddell Digital Gator Designs - Claudette

YAY! Tracy!