Firstoscartgrouch says hi:

Discussion in 'Introductions, please' started by Firstoscartgrouch, Jul 14, 2018.

?

Do you know the difference between a cardiac arrest and a heart attack?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Aren't they the same thing

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch First Oscar T. Grouch, but I answer to Oscar

Hi: Oscar The Grouch had been my nickname for about three decades. I pretty much use it everywhere around the internet in some form or other.

I'm Canadian, I've been digiscrapping about eight years, in various forms. I scrap exclusively on my iPAD using mostly Affinity Photo or Over App. I paper scrapped for ten to fifteen yeas before that.

I have a husband, a daughter, a son, and a bunny and a sudden arrhythmia death syndrome called long qt, that has already killed me and forced a resuscitation. After my diagnosis through genetic testing it was found in my mom, my daughter and a sister.

2. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

OMG how scary to have this syndrome! Do you have medication or what can be done for you?

3. neeltje

neeltje Late Bloomer

Hi, nice to meet you

4. lebjs

lebjs I run with Scissors

Hi! Welcome to PDW. I'm looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery. I've never tried scrapping on my iPad - I'm off to check out the apps you mentioned :)

5. Firstoscartgrouch

Sometimes it can be very scary, other times it's life as usual. Beta blockers are a main treatment for long qt. because I've already had cardiac arrests I have my own implanted cardioverter defibrillator ICD, that would shock my heart out of an arrhythmia.

My daughter has had a LCSD left cardiac sympathetic denervation, which is cutting a nerve out of the heart and tricking it into thinking it's beta blocked without taking oral betas. And has a ICD implanted. My mom and sister are good so far with just betas.

We have many medications we have to avoid which prolongs the qt, and need to keep electrolytes balanced.

6. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

I have since found out that my hubby's uncle died of this same thing in 1952 and so did his son in 1984. Neither of them realized they had it. No diagnosis available in the 50's so no warning for the remaining family members. How tragic.
    So glad there is meds and procedures for this now. We are so lucky to have access to modern medicine advancements.

7. Tammys_Scrapping

Tammys_Scrapping I run with Scissors

Welcome to PDW. :)

8. Firstoscartgrouch

I'm sorry to hear that. Did the long qt carry on in the family to other members?

9. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Thankfully, the doctors realized what was happening and the family has not had another sudden death due to this condition.

10. mscrafts8

mscrafts8 PDWrappers

Welcome to PDW!!!

11. sarahm172

sarahm172 I run with Scissors

Hello and welcome

12. LisaAdmin

LisaAdmin Rockin Ninja Boss Staff Member

Welcome! AND WOW! It is amazing to think how far medicine/ doctors have come (and I am so glad it has!!)

13. Betsyfru

Betsyfru I run with Scissors

Welcome to PDW, Sherri!

14. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Welcome and enjoy!