December VP#2...last one of 2019!

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
Here we are at the final Variety Pack Challenge of the year...and century! Don't worry, they will continue on in 2020! ♥
I am sure you all have at least heard about SVG's and cut-files, and using a Silhouette or a Cricut to cut out the shape. No, you don't have to use one of those- nor do you need to know anything about them. What you may not know, is that most of those files also contain a PNG image ;) and that is what you will be playing with for your page.

For this challenge, we will be playing with one or more PNG 'cutouts' and filling in those blank areas. We will then add them to a page, and it will look like an actual layered paper image. Don't worry if that doesn't make sense, I have a few pages here for reference.
Your page must have at least one photo, and your cutout element that you have filled in must be at least 3-4" minimum, we want them to stand out!
Your element can be behind your photo/frame, etc- but 75% of it must be showing.
Shadows are important, they will make your cutout look like a realy paper element if shadowed correctly.

For this one, I used a heart cutout and I created the tag with my program, so it would also (hopefully) look like a paper element.

For this one, I used a floral cutout and filled in the petals, etc. with different papers.

"Here are the requirements that must be met for all PDW Challenges to receive points:
1. To receive points you must Use at least one item from a Plain Digital Wrapper Designer- You can use retired PDW products, freebies, and store collabs. BUT the designers have to be still active (except in the case of collabs)
2. Be a new layout created for this challenge.
3. Be only entered in 1 challenge category.
4. Upload your layout to the Variety Pack Challenge Gallery and post the link and photo in this thread.
5. Your page must be posted by the last day of themonth in order to receive points.

You will receive one Wrapper for completing thechallenge and a Bonus Wrapper for using ALL PDW products if you keep track in the It's a Wrap Thread!! Those add up quickly-and 20 points will get you a $5 gift certificate to the PDW store
!"

Last edited:

Tbear

LOL! Got a BIG chuckle out of that first photo with the placement of the ornaments on the tree. I forgot that the little ones do just that. What a hoot!!!

Tbear

1576509748735.png
Here's my take on the challenge. Used a tree element from Carla's Treasures Blue Christmas and turned it into a cut out shape. Then used a paper from her Reindeer Games kit to fill in the spaces on the tree.

stater

I used the red truck in Fran's Merry Christmas wordart for my cutout & used a filter to give it a wood texture. I'm sure the drop shadow is wrong because I'm awful at those.

G.J.

Thank you so much for hosting, here's mine using Deck the Halls by Scrappin' Serenity. I created the coffee silhouette and the heart. I added a ribbon and button to the heart and different kind of papers to the coffee shape, hope that I understood right the challenge. Happy holidays!!
Coffee.jpg