Coming Back After Years And Years

Discussion in 'Introductions, please' started by Sami B, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Sami B

Sami B Member

Hello Ladies!
    My name is Sami Brown (soon to be Bullock). My screen name was demonmother. I used to have an account here many, many moons ago. Then life happened. I moved from Loa Utah to Twin Falls Idaho, Got divorced, moved back to Utah, found someone new, and had a baby. I am friends on Facebook with a few of you. You may remember my mom Patty Webb. She was a designer here years ago. I was a CT for Southern Creek Designs, Alexis Designs and a few others but my brain won't let me remember there names. lol. Here are a couple layouts I did for them.

599399_3669373126012_884899436_n.jpg
    Rough and Tumble By SCD
    389707_3669372565998_1448834105_n.jpg
    Creating Memories: Bundle by SCD
    547180_3724605906797_1263700803_n.jpg
    Spring Fever by Alexis Designs
    So lets get to who I am now. I am a stay at home mom for a minute. I have 3 beautiful children. Patrick 14 years old, Amanda 11 years old (these two live with there dad) and my whoops surprise you can still get pregnant 1 and a half old son George. He is the light of my life right now and you will see lots of him. He had a rough start coming into this world but is doing wonderfully now. I can't help but smile every time I look at him.
    I am in need of a good free program that I can make layouts with. I have GIMP downloaded on my laptop but am not quiet sure how to use it. Is there another program that is easier to use? Or where can I go to get tutorials?
    Thank you Ladies. I am so excited to be scraping again.

crazsquaw and LoveitScrapit like this.
  2. Sami B

Sami B Member

I looked before I posted this thread for my old Gallery and could not find it. Then after I posted it I found it. LOL isn't that how life happens. Here is a link to that Gallery.

LoveitScrapit likes this.
  3. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Welcome back. I'm a new designer here and I don't think we have met on other sites.
    Hope you life has settled now. Can't wait to see more of your pages and your little one.
    Anyway, enjoy your time here at PDW!

Sami B likes this.
  4. LoveitScrapit

LoveitScrapit Designing Ninjas Staff Member

5. LoveitScrapit

I wasn't here at that time either. But welcome back. Sounds like you've had a lot going on, hope to see your new pages in the gallery soon!!!

Sami B likes this.
  6. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Welcome Sami! Looking forward to seeing around the forums and gallery!

Sami B likes this.
  7. Sami B

Sami B Member

Does life ever really settle down? Haha! Mine never has.

8. crazsquaw

crazsquaw Challenge Master

HI MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND- WELCOME BACK TO PDW!!!!! ♥

Sami B likes this.
  9. Sami B

Sami B Member

I lost all of my Kits in while going through my divorce my ex took everything. So does anyone know where I can get some free kits that I can use till I can get some paid ones?

10. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

You are eligible for the free mega kit. It's open for new and not so new members alike. Find it here click

crazsquaw and Sami B like this.
  11. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

And of course this wonderful site has many opportunities for sales which is a great way to build your stash.
    Besides the discount on the New Releases, there's the First Sunday of the month $1 sale, every Tuesday the $2 specials, and beginning on the 25th of each month there is the Happy Hour $1 sale. Also check out individual designers' blogs/FB pages etc. They often offer freebies and discounts.
    All GREAT ways to build your stash :)

Sami B likes this.
  12. stater

stater Well-Known Member

I was on your mom's CT back then. Welcome, welcome, welcome!

13. JenniferJ

JenniferJ The Nut of my Kingdom

Nice to meet you! Welcome back! A good thing to do if your short on money and boy we all know how that is is to check out some of the designers blogs especially around the first week in the months because alot of them participate in blog hops and offer free mini kits and such. Look in the chat section I think it is and all the designers site info is posted in a thread there where you can follow their blog newsletters and all.

14. LoveitScrapit

I have a few free samples and minis on my website, Link in my siggy below....also if you sign up for my newsletter I've got a free kit for subscribers too!!! ♥

crazsquaw, JenniferJ and Sami B like this.
  15. Sami B

Sami B Member

Thank you. I got a few freebies from the store.

16. Sami B

Sami B Member

I remember you. How are you doing?

17. Sami B

Sami B Member

Thank you. I'll go see what you have.

18. stater

stater Well-Known Member

I'm just moseying along the road of life. Ha....

How's your mom?

Sami B likes this.
  19. Romajo

Romajo Designing Ninjas

Like Kiana, I have some free minikits as well. Mostly 2 per month, but you need to get hopping, to get them all.
    Just follow the link to my blog and you'll find them. :)

And, well, I guess life never settles... ;) But sometimes the river is nice and calm, before you get to a waterfall again. ;)

20. Tbear

Tbear Well-Known Member

Your freebies are ALWAYS must haves! And I just love that "nice and calm before you get to the waterfall" LOL...Life is definitely like that!

Sami B and JenniferJ like this.