A.L.L.E.R.G.I.E.S.

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
Someone please put me out of my misery! I thought for weeks I was just having a really bad cold, which was following the dang flu from the Grandies- yay, not (severe congestion, sinus infection, bacterial infection, headache and body aches, crud in my throat and coughing, etc) until I went to the beach for the day for my birthday, I had been using my allergy medicine a few times but it never did anything for it.
AT THE BEACH I FELT SO MUCH BETTER! And once I got home, I am back to absolutely miserable. (Like, I am SO over it and whining like a man with the flu LOL)

So- it was either one of two things...I need to LIVE AT THE BEACH, or it's allergies and the pollen that has totally enveloped the surrounding areas where we live (and try to breathe, at the moment LOL)

Now I know which I would choose to be the answer :D but back in reality, it's not happening any time soon.
Anyone else dealing with this crap!? I really hope not, but I don't wanna suffer alone! :D :D I use Flonase and saline for my allergies, it is what the Dr. prescribed. Anything else literally knocks me on my behind... :( We are also bee keepers and I eat our honey, doesn't help.

Tbear

How horrible...and yes I know the feeling. Hubby always thinks he has a cold in the spring, but I think it's allergies. Most people don't realize that allergies can come at any age not just when you're a kid.
I asked my doc too what can I do. She said:
1. To wait it out and it will go away. (yeah...bet she doesn't have this crap)
2. Try different over the counter relief (being careful what combo you're using) that the package states exactly what your systems are. If one doesn't work, try something else.
3. If you must do gardening, wear a face/nose mask. I like this one especially if it scares the weeds.
4. Use a saline based nasal GEL to coat the inside of your nostrils. The pollen has a more difficult time attaching to the walls through the gel like substance.
The nasal gel did work for me to a certain extent. But each person is different. Truly hope this crap goes away for you soon!

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
How horrible...and yes I know the feeling. Hubby always thinks he has a cold in the spring, but I think it's allergies. Most people don't realize that allergies can come at any age not just when you're a kid.
I asked my doc too what can I do. She said:
1. To wait it out and it will go away. (yeah...bet she doesn't have this crap)
2. Try different over the counter relief (being careful what combo you're using) that the package states exactly what your systems are. If one doesn't work, try something else.
3. If you must do gardening, wear a face/nose mask. I like this one especially if it scares the weeds.
4. Use a saline based nasal GEL to coat the inside of your nostrils. The pollen has a more difficult time attaching to the walls through the gel like substance.
The nasal gel did work for me to a certain extent. But each person is different. Truly hope this crap goes away for you soon!
and @Windswept

Every year I have to use a different oral allergy med, and I use Saline mist and Flonase in my nose. The gel doesn't seem to work for me.

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
WOW...so I got some XYZAL (I think that's the name, there's an owl in the commercials) and IT HELPED!!!! Woooohoooo!!! I can breathe again, it is amazing.

Two thumbs up for that owl! :D

Fran98765

Designing Ninjas
Staff member
My allergies are bad too. I'm allergic to grass and pollen and to scents. Soaps, perfumes, all of it. You wear it and i want to smack ya! :)
I take Zyrtec, Benedryl, Nasacort and some other rx spray that i don't like (so i don't actually use it). Plus saline. Also a mucus relief pill daily. All of it year round.

I will move to the beach with you!

crazsquaw

Challenge Master
@Fran98765 I DON'T BLAME YOU ONE BIT! I wish I could use the same thing every year, but for the past 10 or so, I have to use something different each time it rolls around